Sunday, October 19, 2008

Persepolis Journal

I think that this book was the most difficult to read for me so far. I had to stop many times and search for additional background information in order to follow the story. Like Penny, I had to also recall information about Iraq and Iran. If this book was selected as a classroom title, I think the teacher would have to provide a lot of information on the history of Iran and their struggles. I do not think that this book is appropriate for any one under seventeen.

Again, the language topic comes to mind for me. I realize that this story was true and maybe that is what was really said.

I have recently read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. This book was about two women in Iraq under similar circumstances. I was able to make some comparisons between the two.

I think that the story is well-told and the graphics help emphasize the story. I also think that it is an important story to be told. It just was not my favorite.

No comments: