Saturday, October 11, 2008

Journal Dairy of a Wimpy Kid

I wish that this book had been available when I was in Middle School. Even though it was written by a guy and from the male perspective, I think that girl readers would get into this book just as much as boys.

Greg and I have something in common. We are both middle children. I can see that he suffers from "Middle Child Syndrome" just like me. The oldest has rights and gets more freedom and the youngest can do no wrong. Sometimes the middle child is searching for a role to fill. I think that is why he does not make decisions easily.

I really enjoyed the drawings by Kinney. He tells the story well in his cartoons.

I think that this book could be used in just about any classroom from fifth grade and up. It is a great, funny,but real from a middle school perspective. I can't wait to read the next one in the series.

No comments: